It's been a week that Ramazan started. I have to be honest...I was'nt feeling it at all. Its been really sad and I'm finally happy that I can properly make food and focus on the spiritual side of Ramazan.I guess here are the few things I feel I should do to regain the spirit:
1) cook some Ramazan inspired food
2) Go for some masjid tarawihs
3) Read maybe 4-5 siparahs (translation)
4) Do some volunteer work (I was thinking Project Downtown and the Muslim Womens' Alliance)
I was also thinking of doing some iftaris for friends and relatives. I'm guessing that does not do much for the spirit but still its something that will make Ramazan feel like Ramazan.
We have had a streak of really weird iftaris and sehris this week. I've defrosted pizzas, made qaesadillas, egg sandwiches, had Olive Garden and Zam Zam Gyros. The only thing that resembled a normal iftari would be the Samosa Chaat I had yesterday evening. At Zam Zam!
Here is a picture of the sad looking place. Its kind of okay from the inside. They do have Gyros and Paratha Rolls to die for. One of my cousins from New Orleans can't get enough of this place whenever she is visiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment