Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mad about History, Don and Pudding

So I've recently taken up watching Mad Men. It was on my shows to watch for a while. I think I thought it to be depressing and shockingly mean to women in the beginning. But when you start watching it you can't get enough.

I am also a huge fan of period drama and novels so this was another reason I love it. In fact I have a bit of a history obsession with all things history. I like old period houses, cars, furniture....I watch the Antiques Roadshow, seriously. I spent a good part of my life obsessing morbidly about the 1947 partition.

The detail about the 60s upper middle class life in the series is just amazing...of course I'm taking at face value here! Were people really that sexually promiscuous...I mean they must have been if later the 70s happened.



Coming back to Mad Men....I so love and hate Don Draper at the same time! I can't get enough of him but he'll never change! Argh...there's a whole another post for that story! Sigh! But he's soooo handsome!


So another item I'm currently mad about is pudding. Its a thoroughly unnaturally tasting and feeling type of goo that I was introduced by Omar a few months ago. I recently picked up a chocolate and butterscotch flavored variety at the supermarket because they were on a crazy 1 dollar sale - like 4 packs for 1 dollar. Who can resist that type of retail luring?

No comments: