We did have fun. Except I made blunders ordering the Sushi. Usually with this cuisine, we have always gone out with a large group of friends - with an all you can eat agenda. The good thing about that scenario is that jokes, competition, and too many hungry mouths slow down the eating and the night seems to go on and on. It feels like a mega event where we slowly and surely keep tucking away the rolls and keep running out of them.
Yesterday night, however, it was Omar and I alone with sushi. This never happening before, and me never being in control of the menu, went down differently. I ordered lots of semi-boring rolls of salmon, yellow fin, white fin and eel - the eel I greatly regret. It was really eating something straight out of a fish tank. I wanted to throw up.
These rolls were boring because they pounded slabs of raw fish on cakes of rice and that was it. No spices, or cheese, cucumber or avocado and all that other fun stuff.
It was also a great night for eavesdropping.
Later, I checked out a frozen desserts place to have ice-cream (although I think the shop doesnt risk calling it by that name for legal reasons - the cream was too non-fat and no fun). The brownies in mine were too salty. I later realized that there goes my pound-shedding plan I was on and this stuff doesnt even remotely taste good.
Next, we eavesdropped some more.
After a while, when I officially gave on my own cup, I decided I wanted to flick some ice cream on a nice Hyundai car in front of us. It was nice and clean and shiny. While writing this I realize I come across as a crazy person but you know what happens in the middle oft he night when you are sitting on a bench, in the cool part of town, talking about how old and boring you are getting. You then proceed with your escapades from your early 20s (I didn't have too many of them either).I tried a couple of times to do my evil deeds....to live the rush of the young and stupid....when Omar burst a whole in my bubble, "You don't want to burn in hell for ruining other people's nice cars!@!!!!". Trust my good husband to remind me Ramazan was around the corner. I stopped but I was still tempted to do something bad. I decided to flick ice cream on some flowers. I dropped one drop on Omar and he told me I was an old woman!!!! Lol.
2 comments:
hahah!!! i think we need to get together soon and do tons of crazy stupid stuff that i never got the chance to do! :D
I agree!
Post a Comment