Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ads, Cleaning, and Food

I'm really enjoying the U2 Blackberry ad. Its definitely aimed at the 1990s generation - and its the right amount of wonderful nostalgia.

So, I finally gave in and decided to get a Mr. Clean eraser. I had been seeing the advertisements for the past 2 years. I don't know at what point did I stop rolling my eyes and decided to give it a try. I guess I just wanted to experiment how it worked on my stove. I have to admit I liked their last ad campaign with the crying cleaning sprays. Have a look here for yourself.

Lastly, have a look at these mini sirloin burger ad. It's crazy goodddd!!!!!

Mr. Clean worked well enough. But its not something that some new scrubbers wouldn't do. In fact, the real joy of Mr. Clean was taken out by Omar - he scrubbed our stove 75 percent white! After that I had to declare him king of the day and massage his poor hand but it really is so clean that you can eat off it.

I have to add that today's dinner is being cooked by Omar. He's making minced meat spaghetti. I made egg salad. Here is the recipe (of the egg salad):

Boil 2-3 eggs. Chop into 4-6 pieces. Slice some onions. Chop some tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. I put some chili flakes too. Add some salad mixture - I prefer olive oil or Italian dressing but I only had Blue Cheese dressing. So I put ranch but put anything you like. Toss in the greens and add black peppered croutons. Or at least I am. The picture on the side shows what it will look like but the eggs are more chopped.

Another commercial that makes me smile from Baskins Robbins.

So I am watching the notebook right now. It seems much more better than what I saw in college. Probably because I'm seeing it in bits and pieces and I can digest the sentimentality.

No comments: