For those who have known me for a while know that I have loved the jeep and outdoor trips taken with family and friends. I have been lucky enough to see the north (all the way up till the Chinese border); to have spend time in Ziarat and the lovely Balochistan road that connects Karachi and Quetta; as well as explored so many villages in Southern Punjab. Its always been so much fun to explore Pakistan and see the geographical variety of the land. I think that explains why we, Pakistanis, always explain that we are so many different types of people, with different identities and different lifestyles - just look at the variety in the land! Deserts, mountains, lakes, rivers, plains, salt mines, hills, canals - I mean the list is endless.
I found this video on one of the blogs I keep in touch with. These dudes are a bit crazy looking but their enthusiasm for Pakistani geography is great. Watch for yourself:
2 comments:
i've liked the way you've described the geographical diversities...they do coincide with our cultural uniqueness.
@Myree - thanks! Glad you agree. the physical climate and geography does shape our economies and livelihoods. that in turn affects our culture too. Mashallah we have so many DIFFERENT types of cultures and ethnicities in Pakistan. Even differences in religious sects and religions. Its a diversity that we should be proud of. Any, as people, we are very accepting and tolerant.
Post a Comment