Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cloud of Gloom

My short cloud of gloom is now surely scurrying away. This morning I was thinking of possible reasons for my gloominess and came across a couple of very good ones:

1) I don't get enough sleep.

2) I usually cook and clean after getting home from work. Not a good idea. I should try to stick to my original plan of making dinner and lunch meals during the weekend and try relaxing after work. That's why I had that plan in the first place...what happens is I tell myself on the weekend - its ok...I'll cook later...it doesnt take that long....

Sure it doesn't take THAT long....but it can be miserable doing it everyday after work....you are tired and slow and argh....just cook on the weekends, ok?

3) My messy house puts me in a bad mood. You know clothes falling outside the hamper, trash not thrown on time, bed not made....I mean all the cleaning up is done after the day....

But the main thing is I usually will refuse to clean up. I'll come home see a messy table, or a messy bed...and get annoyed...and then walk past it trying to block it....but it doesnt get blocked. It annoys me. I'll turn on the TV and in my subconcious, it still bugs bugs bugssssssssss me. Now that I'm finally admitting this, I CAN'T BELIEVE how annoyed I'm getting.

So what is the solution? I've been thinking hard this past week. The solution is to cut down TV time and just clean up. Make clean up the priority. I know it sucks and doesn't sound fair or even easy - its not. But when I think about my dirty house....its NOT that dirty...its small things that can be done everyday in 30 minutes...except I'm not giving it 30 minutes. If I die tomorrow, people will walk around my house and think we are filthy. I want to say we are not. I don't want people to think we are so terrible at keeping the house, especially if all it involves is mopping a floor, making the bed and putting the clothes in the hamper....

4) I guess now that the weather is getting better, I'm seriously thinking of cutting off from TV cold turkey. I get chills thinking of that. I love TV. Its sad but I really think some of the characters on my reality shows are like my friends now!!!! This is totally sad and I need to rethink what the heck am I doing with my life! So I'm thinking of a couple of things. I could really just invest some money (like around 500-600 dollars) and do something for myself. Examples:

a) take a music or arts class (Not terribly enthusiastic about that one)

b) take some taekwondo or karate class (Again...ummm....ok...whatever its an idea)

c) buy a new, lighter bike and join some cycling club

d) sign up from marathon training (?) (ok that sounds so weird to me....but it would be so much fun if I could pull it off!!!)

e) find a good cause and volunteer with them after work (by far the most typical thing I would turn to because I have a social work/volunteer fetish......and I sadly don't want to do that because I feel a little volunteer fatigue).

f) go shopping every week and spend money on organizing my life (that sounds very tempting).

g) take a couple of weekend trips to see friends and family (I would love to do it but I don't think its going to solve my everyday habits).

h) join a yoga class (definitely not! I already know that I hate yoga with a passion).

i) join a gym (again I don't know. In december, I did this inordinate amount of math to figure out how much would a year's gym cost me and if I would use my money well. I felt at that time the money was not okay for me...so I dropped the idea).

j) start a real personal business. I've dallied in some projects but I really want to start like a REAL, real thing...like the whole 9 yards (this sounds like a lot of fun, frankly. I love the idea of making money, growing something and having something to control).

k) forget about these temporary feelings and go back to your beloved HD plasma screen. That's where the real love is anyways. The only problem is that all the seasons are ending really soon (NoooooooooOOoooooOOoooo!!!!!). So phir what to do? I'm biting my nails (arghahahahahahahahahhaha!).

If any of you people have suggestions, please suggest. In fact, just plain out tell me what to do with myself!

5 comments:

Myree said...

What abt photography?....and I hope u're brushing ur teeth 365 days a year instead of 350!! ;)

Myree said...

it'll be good for your blog too...

mao said...

@Myree - what, brushing my teeth? I guess....otherwise you all will be hearing continuous whines from toothless hag.

As for photography....I thought about that and tying it to my blog was something that has crossed my mind...
The thing is our current laptop has so little space that I'm actually avoiding taking more pics than I need to. We need to transfer out our pics or buy more RAM. but acha idea hai. Point 1 for Myree.

Unknown said...

External hard drive will really help. And they're not bad we got our recent 1 TB one for $150. I save all serials/movies in it so don't need to worry about space on my laptop.
Yup photography isn't a bad idea. I'm thinking of buying a good camera soonish :P

Unknown said...

Unclean/un-organized home bugs the living shits out of me too. Just come home and fix things up asap before you turn on the TV (though that can cut down TV time). And yup I suffer from the same dilemma cooking on weekend (and ruining some of your weekend) or get lazy and delay until the middle of the week. Life is SO much easier if you spend that 1-2 hr on weekends cooking and cleaning so after work life is easy and you can just relax and watch tv :)