Thursday, March 18, 2010

gums hurt

They do.

Why do I have teeth related problems?

I brush twice a day 350 days out of a year. WHY?

Did you all know that Tom's of Maine tootpastes are halal? Actually all their products are. Cool, na?

I love Tom's of Maine but I think they made my gums worse that they are.....but they don't have fluoride in them and so my husband is blaming that for our gums hurting. Mine have troubled me for a few years, but he was totally fine. I know I should switch to Sensodyne but I was really so happy about Tom's of Maine. I like thier packaging a lot too.

My biggest fear in life is that I will one day wake up without any teeth. They will all just fall off and then I don't know what I'll do. I think I'll cry to sleep everyday.

8 comments:

Fruitful Fusion said...

Have a look into oil-pulling. It's supposed to be really good for your gums and general health too.

Thinking said...

hmm...you need to take care of your teeth dear...it might be possible that you are lacking calcium...because lack of calcium can make your gums soar....

Believe me I am not a doctor....but my uncle is...dentist....and he told me this once...though I never asked him...but it seems that people always talk about the things they know...I mean a doctor would be easily talking about deseases and how to prevent and a business man would talk about how to raise your income in certain days...only...

We should have the stomach to take their advises...hmm...

Nice post...dont worry...in one night you cant loose all of your teeth...even if they fell off...it will be one by one a day....

I told you my uncle is a dentist...he he he...hmmm

mao said...

@Thinking

See this is why this is such a stress factor for me. I brush my teeth. I eat lots of yougurt and milk. I even floss and mouthwash sometimes. And yet my gums are sensitive. And if you tell everyone...they assume you don't brush your teeth. Trust me, I do. Much more than other people - and they don't have any dental pain.

mao said...

@Fruitful..I'll look into the oil-pulling...never heard of it before...you you like massage the gums with oils?

ReeBz said...

i really have no advise to give- but do try macleans toothpaste :)

Unknown said...

Use sensitive teeth toothpaste - smth like sensodyne and see if it helps. If not go see a dentist. I had bleeding gums issue, dentist told me to floss more regularly. Which does help.

Fruitful Fusion said...

Have a look at this blog post about oil-pulling. I haven't tried it yet, but she says (in a later post) that it's really good for her gums!

http://nourishedmama.blogspot.com/2010/01/right-attitude.html

Abdullah Tariq said...

It's because of the 15 days you don't brush your teeth.