I missed an Oscar-viewing party at a good friend's place on Sunday because of my guests. That kind of sucked. Its not often I get invited out to interesting things...I mostly have to organize get-togethers myself.
For once in my life, I'm okay about not meeting people. I just want to be left alone (not that people are rushing over to hang out with me). Thats the other thing that bothers me. I feel nobody cares about me (except my family and husband). But what about friends? Where are my friends? Why is it so hard to make good friends in this city? Now I feel sad.
I know this is so childish but I recently saw two friends I introduce make plans to go shopping together. On Facebook. Damn that stupid time-wasting, heart-breaking social networking site. Neither of them asked me to join them.
And I'm trying to get one of them some work from my firm. Why do I even bother! People around me are giving up trying to find husbands/or wives; in my case I should really give up trying to make meaningful friends.So sad, yaar! Even though I'm having a nice cup of coffee and a bit of cheesecake brownie - you would think that would cheer me up! I think it will....just waiting for the caffine to sink in....
*I just want to add that I'm also highly loved and cared by various bestest friends in Sydney, Dubai, Lahore and Toronto! I just wish they were here so we could hang out!*
8 comments:
story of my life. been in chicago for almost 2 years and still no friends. and there's like 5million desis in this friggin city!
Sorry to hear your upset. I wish I could give some AWESOME DESI advice like you gave me to make me feel better.
I hope your week ends well InshaAllah
*HUGS*
At least at the end of the day, you're still attractive(read this on your blog once-and I am sure it's true..you're pakistani afterall)you're smart, too damn-darn I meant to say darn, trying to curb the cussin)funny and you don't have to change sh** (is it possible to write without cursing?) stinky diapers.
Molly, i know what you mean - same story here. but its just a phase - trust me on that. and i care about you so put me right in there with your family and husband :) love myree. xx
@Baji - you are so right! I've been here 3. Nobody really wants to give you the time of the day! I've had more than a couple of weird instances happen where people have just.....been so dissapointing!
The city is so much harder than the suburbs. Or so I imagine.
@Nobody - Thanks. I am. Thats my contribution to the gene pool - my good looks. And I think I'm funny too. Glad I make you laugh too. But I need to either keep a cat or a baby because they'll be good company. At least the baby will not hang up the phone on me because it needs to go do something (until its 18 atleast). I'm allergic to cats so I guess we need to get a baby. Oho...I'll be cleaning out crap out of diapers too....
@Myree...yessss I need to put that in. My best friends scattered around the world...one here who is stuck in UChicago and also busy....one stuck in guaetmalo....others buried in between babies and work....they all love me and I love them back. I really wish you guys were around. *hugs and kisses sweetie*. Lets set up skype meet very soon!
hmm..cant say anything Mao....about your disappointment from friends or the place where they are not free enough to think about others...
Sometimes....we need someone to listen to us....and husband all the time cant fullfil that greed or what we can say....groaning of stomach....
hmm...once I read somewhere that...
If you want sympathy talk to your husband and if need advise talk to your friend....
I wish I could have good friends too...those who have time to listen and to give advise...
nice post...and dont worry...be happy...
I have the exacttt same issue!! I miss hanging out with friends and doing more of the girly stuff. I have (finally) made friends with a bandi at work but its still not what I want..
I think its harder for us because of our confused state. Married but no kids. So we can't socialize much with moms (cuz they are mostly busy in other stuff), and then we do have more responsibilities than single ppl (or we think so). I dunno... And plz also add me to your list of ppl who care about you!!! Even though I'm thousands of miles away from you. Miss you!!!
@Thinking - Exactly, yaara. I need my friends for advice. Husbands are really, really kind but you need girlfriends to chatofy someone's dimagh. To talk, talk and talk. You know us girls think best when we are blah blahing for at least 1-2 hours daily.
@summz - Plus I blame the husbands too yaar. They don't have time to socialize. Warna hum couples ke saath hee thora socialize ker lein. But no! They are just so busy 24 hours!
As for the stuff you said....we are somewhat 'single' but not really single.....we are definitely over all the stupid phases in life - the risk taking and experimenting...or so I imagine :D.
I added on a little note at the end of the blog.
Well how true! good friends you only can get by the kindness of luck goddess :D and only few are so lucky to be blessed with sincere,kind and loving friends!
can i have a cup of coffee and a brownie as well?? i will be your good friend then ;) :P
Post a Comment