Its a haircut.
A drastic one.
Its so ironic that I'm regretting it. I love drastic, daring haircuts. I love short, stylish cuts and I've had so much fun with them in the past. But I've also grew a tiny bit fond of long hair, even though I constantly criticized them as messy and boring and a museebat to handle.
I went from museebat to mega museebat. I walked into the salon for some other work but got talked into cutting my hair off. A lot of hair off. For the first time in my life, tears came in my eyes when I saw my dry, wispy hair lay down in sad little mounds on the vinyl floor. They were terrible but they were my terrible hair. My 'stylist' (I'm never going to that woman again ever!) said she had to do it because my hair was in bad shape. My hair has always been in bad shape! I never said go THIS short!
I came home late because of this detour at the hair salon. I went straight into the shower and cried a bit. I felt very silly. I LOVE short hair. I've had a ball on even shorter haircuts! I only kept long hair in the first place because my husband likes it. NOW I'm so confused!!!!!! Where do I stand? Short hair or long hair? My hair sucks either way I guess *more tears*.
I announced my hair news to my husband very sadly. He really comforted me and said that he likes it. Now I'm even more confused. Then he went on to say that I looked like a 15 year old. That made me feel REALLY weird. Is it a good thing to look like when you were 15? I was like horrific looking when I was 15. I would NEVER go back.
So here is what the hair cut is supposed to look like (I think) if you use the right styling products and a heavy handed straightner:

This is what it ACTUALLY LOOKS like on my hair, which is very light, dry, thin hair which has a wavy texture, and with me not having time or patience to straighter it:

If I accidently look into a mirror in the morning I look like something out of girl interrupted :(.
Please be kind in your comments *weeps silently*.
8 comments:
ayyyyyaa, mela bachha!
hahah! ok first i thought you were pregnant! so the hair cut was something i could live with! molly if your hait looks like the second model, then i think its really cute! i got my hair cut too - same story - but i love looking really young and dont need to hassle with a straightener any more! i have soo much time in the morning now instead of burning my hair and loading it with crap! the best thing is to tie it back and wear some funky earrings...makes you look a sexy 22 year old instead ;)
That's exactly what i thought, that i was going to be a khala :) So shorter (than expected) hair-cut is a relief!!
You know what i used to love your short hair back in uni...so I'm sure this hair cut also suits you..Plus a change is always nice you can always wait to let the hair grow back to its old length.
And yes short hair are SO low maintenance! Anyway upload sm pics!
By the way looking young (now) is a good compliment! A least I take it as one whenever I get told I look like I'm a student and def don't look married :P
@mystic - :(
@Myree - yessss the buildup was intentional. Wow, u got your hair cut to have less hassle, I'm impressed. I remember your morning routine SO WELL. You spent like 45 minutes primping your hair daily - literally.
We all used to watch in wonder. Then there was also a fog of hairspray for 5 mins, while visitors in the room momentarily gagged.....you poor roomie was immune to the fumes by the end of 2nd year....
hehehe/
I do younger. But I do look older too. Its an interesting cut that can be dressed down or up. It is a really interesting cut.
It was really a shocking few days when it had happened - literally caught off guard...I was having trouble developing 'what' I felt about the whole change...hehehe.
@Sumz - it does suit me. Its an unusual hairstyle. will send you a pic if i can decrease the laziness. Change is fun too. Always fun. Keeps the drama in life alive.
hhehehehe you sound so happy that you DONT look married. heyyyyy, i get told I look like a high schooler all the time - like 17. I really don't understand why. Maybe because the highschoolers in this country dress up like tarts with bucket full of paint on their face....maybe....
Now my hair is always in a messy bun! The woes of dubai's water and humidity!
hmm...anused to read the story about a hair cut...
strangely I never liked my hair cut also if anyway I let the hair dresser touch my hairs...hmm...
so...I am in your party dear...dont worry....they will grow up and than you can do whatever you like to do with them...AGAIN....lol...
Good post.
Pretty amusing and the way you described all :)
I think i love the second hair cut but i m not fond of shorter hairs.Actually it doesnt matter whether you have short hairs or long!Its just your looks. many faces are comfortable with short hairs and many with the long ones. Like the short hairs are looking terrible on the first model :D but the second model looking lovely and smart!
So cheers if you are looking like the second moDel!
@Myree - again, amazed!
@Thinking - hair is not a big deal except when you get something that might make you look bad. I'm managing now. Me okay :).
@Reebz - I look like the 2nd model most of the time when I don't whip out the straightner. I'm too lazy to style my hair.
Post a Comment