Monday, December 28, 2009

The Weekend Shopping

Hai, Hai, I love reading my girlfriends' blogs. Hehe. So much fun.

Ok so let me share our experience of shopping this weekend. We usually go shopping because there isn't much to do. Even if we already know we are not going to buy anything (well that resolution hardly remains once you enter shops like Forever21).

However, this time I went to JCpenney because I need more bedsheet sets. It has come to my attention that I have only 3 proper bedsheet sets. The rest are incompletes and one is of the 3 is completely too light to be used in summers. Busss, don't ask, its very light colored. I'm of the opinion that light shades must be used in summertime. Yes, I'm crazy.

Anyways so we found one set within our budget (this is a team of 3 people - me, Omar, my mother-in-law). There was some mild distractions into 300 thread count sheet but I succesfully was able to finagle the budgeted choice and then we stuck to it.

The other thing we bought was a sweatshirt for Omar. Since all of his siblings and he have gone to the same university, they all wear the same alma mater shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies...lots of loungewear around the house. My MIL is pretty sick of the university logo. She pretty much requested he not get another university sweatshirt to torment her eyes.

I find it interesting that these university merchandise can be bought in any big department store in the cities around the campus. Anyways, here's a shirt I should get Omar on our next Hawaian trip!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your MIL getting sick of everyone wearing the same uni logo is funny!
Funnily even i have only 3 proper bedhseet sets!! And one that I haven't opened for a year cuz it does not have a matching flat sheet with it. Don't wanna buy more until we move into a slightly bigger place.

mao said...

you know that is exactly my thinking too....why invest in stuff like more sheets or home furnishings until we move to a better place....but I seriously brought the sheet because I was tired of the color - its maroon. so I would move from maroon to maroon again and again....the other choice was beige and light green.

Unfortunately the new sheets I got are also beige but they look prettier...so I'm excited to open up those!