Maple Syrup Glazed Roasted Butternut Squash.
Spinach-Apple-Walnut Salad.
Yes.
It was delish.
Delicisio.
Perfecto.
Bellismo.
Yes.
These are all REAL words (Omar accused me that I made up Deliciso - but its an actual, honest to God, Spanish word for, duh, delicious).
So in case you haven't' guessed by now: take cooked minced meat, mix in cooked rice or minute rice and tomatoe sauce/spagetti sauce, pour it in a scooped out bell pepper (slice off the top neatly). Oil the bell pepper and wrap it up in aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees. Take the foil off and bake another 10 minutes. Wallah! It's a nice dish, plus so healthy - do try it.
Moving on to the delish, exquisite squash. Very simple once you get past the chopping of squash (which is a pain in the neck because these things are hard as rocks). I had this particular squash for 2 months before I bought a knife sharpener and 'halalofied' the pesky vegetable. Just add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1-2 teaspoons of pepper....mix....pop it in the oven at 400 degrees (for 1 hour). You can switch it up in 30 mins (move it over) but don't do it when they're too soft because you'll squish them into a mashed potato like consistency. I can't describe how good they they taste when they are done - so DO try this one. By the way, this is Ina Garten's recipe.
Finally. The Salad. Spinach-apple-walnut salad with french dressing. I guess the name says it all. Toss in some toasted walnuts (4 mins on low heat on a pan), raisins, cooked chick peas (I had some in the house), toss around it in french dressing and add spinach leaves. Wallah. Very yummy. I added teensy pieces of cheese but I hardly tasted it.I'm really enjoying adding sweetness into entree dishes of the meal. It makes it missing sweets at the end of the meal less painful.
3 comments:
Woww...all of these dishes sound SO good - I'm almost drooling :S
More too because we're going to have boring dinner tonight - just daal and raita! :P I'm too tired to bother making anything else plus I want to finish all leftovers before making something new.
2 months????? wow, molly you've broken my record finally and i didnt think anyone was capable of doing it! hah!
Dude, you show me how you cut these pathar squash and then we'll talk.
Post a Comment