So I'm finally focusing more on Ina Garten, who has less ingredients and a more simple format in her cookbook. Plus, I like her relaxed, take-it-easy tone. Just what I need when I'm hyperventilating about how to cook this expensive food. So I have a funny story to share about the Barefoot Contessa. That's the name under which Ina's cooking show would come on The Food Network. For months, I scratched my head and tried to figure out that is this person a Countess from Russia, Italy...I mean what's her deal...she's royalty right? I mean I kept scratching my head and never looked up Wikipedia for months. I just assumed, she was someone aristocrat who lived in....America? It was confusing, I admit.
Finally, after much later, and thinking about this subconsciously I realized that no wait...she's not royalty...she's someone with another name a.k.a Ina Garten (?!!) and she used to own a shop called Barefoot Contessa. LOL.
Here some more info I found about her so that you don't have to go through the mental acrobats I did:
In 1978, Ina Garten left her job as a budget analyst in the White House to pursue her dream of operating a specialty food store in the Hamptons. She is a frequent contributor to major national magazines and writes a recurring column in O Magazine. Her new television series on entertaining can be seen on Food Network. Ina lives in East Hampton, New York, and Southport, Connecticut, with her husband, Jeffrey.
2 comments:
Let me know how you go with trying her recipes. I've usually had bad luck when trying out a random internet recipe - so now I just try out things someone else has tried and that has turned out good.
I loveee my Dalda Cook book - I used it to make Chicken Karhai (from scratch last weekend - turned out greatt!)I haven't tired any of the non-desi recipes from it - so far just using mom's recipes. Plus I'm lazy at times - just want to get over and done with the cooking :P.
Do use the maple syrup glazed squash recipe I just wrote about. It's to die for.
I have zubeida tariq's cookbook in english. The woman may be good on tv but her instructions have gaping holes in them a.k.a lame book but good book if you don't have anything else.
Post a Comment