Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pretty Cool First Birthdays


Yesterday was not a good day. But it was one of the best days I had in a long time. I woke up at 10 am - and clean missed all my summer park workout classes that I had been raving about.

So, I sadly dragged myself out of bed and tried to focus. I watched some television to wake myself up. They I got dragged behind my schedule even though I had 3 hours to get on my 1:30PM train. I had a couple of errands to run in between before getting to Ogilvy station. I got through half of them.

Despite that I was really happy. I was on my way to my really good friend's baby's first birthday. Her name is Alexis and she's one of my most favorite babies in the world. [See picture for further proof]. I love her and her diva style!

I feel it was only last month, when I held Alexis in my arms at the hospital after she was born. I remember our friend M., the dad, was so overwhelmed, and so happy too. Yesterday, he was so happy and relaxed. We've been so lucky to be part of my friends' lives during this time.

Alexis' mom, E., went to school with my husband. They were in the same close friends' group. When I came along in 2007 to Chicago, M. and E. were the first people I met in Chicago. They took us out to dinner and E. and I immedietly became buddies. She's one of the most happiest, friendliest, outgoing and crazy chicks I've ever known!

M. and E. have been constant, close friends to MH and I. I can't count the number of times we've hung out together, watched movies, or played counterstrike (I was often forced to play and all the rest did was kill me incessantly). I remember the day I got a text or voicemail from E. that M. proposed her. It was on Lake Michigan on the beach. Lol. So cute! I remember being in their wedding party - MH and I lit the candles in their catholic wedding ceremony. Right after the wedding, they moved into their first home together in Wrigleyville. Then they got two Schnauzer dogs from Carbondale. They could only keep one, but they got two when they felt bad about separating two brothers. Now, those dogs terrorize all their guests.

And just like that, when no one expected, they got pregnant. Nearly two years later, here we all are - celebrating Alexis turning one. So weird, right? No, its not, its pretty awesome.

No comments: