Except when I got off the train to run to the station building, I got drenched to my undies! I felt someone was pouring buckets and buckets of water on me! It was hilarious. Even more so, when I hesitated for 10 microseconds this morning debating if I should pick up my umbrella.
My umbrella would have not stood one chance against these winds. Crazy strong.
I could go on and on about the weather and how peeved people were in the morning about being late. I could talk about how I walked in the rain to work (there is a portion of half a mile that I walk everyday to work). The rain had simmered down at that time, but the lightening hadn't. But all you have to know is that I wasn't late to work, and am now drying up quite comfortably. The broken air conditioning in my office is coming in handy quite nicely. (PS. maybe if I doused myself with water everyday, I would feel less hot in my office? :) I'll try it).
I make mental notes everyday - I have a long commute, all I do is make notes on things I have to get done! Getting it done is another conversation!
Like other notes, I make mental notes of what I will write here. I'm supposed to be a content-generating machine, so I have to plan! I planned to write about putting on a nail color last night.
I think I haven't put on nail color in like a year. I wanted to go for a mani-pedi since June, but scrapped the idea in the spirit of increasing my monthly saving (yes, we save every month. We are prudent like that :) ).The color is called "ice". As you can see I'm pretty happy with the results. I've picked up a tan when I visited New Orleans on a conference and also lying around the pool in my building. So, this color is great contrast. My feet look so awesome. Lol. for the love of feet!
No, I'm not going to post pictures of my toenails! I've reached my self-love limit. I will leave you with the second thing I planned on sharing. I discovered this song last night just as I was about to fall asleep on my Pandora stations. The band is called "Pink Martini" and this song was made in 1997 not 1927 - but don't you love the old, romantic sound to it. Also, the band is American and their lead singer sings in 10 languages - including Arabic.
Enjoy!
If you like you could read the translated lyrics here. Surprisingly, the song is about a weary prostitute who doesn't feel like working today.
2 comments:
hmmm...read all your posts...although I am glad to see you regular but why bombarded with so much posts...in one single day???
Be Happy girl...
Huh? I wrote one for Saturday and one for Sunday - on the same day.
Don't worry about the number of posts - tell me what you think of the content. :D
Post a Comment