Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Laundry

Tonight is laundry night. Or rather its I-don't-have-a-clean-underwear-for-work-tomorrow-wali-laundry-night.

I love the smell and feel of warm laundry out of the dryer. Sometimes I wish I could crawl inside the basket and fall asleep in the clothes. Mmmmmmm.

Don't you just love Linkedin? I know I do. I've been using it today to spread around extra Karma.

Some people don't like my shopping lists. Screw you, you disrespecting people who don't need onions in your lives....by the way, I magically discovered 2 bags of onions behind a bag of rice yesterday. Its a January miracle!

With my magic onions, I made not so enchanting bhindi (okra) and squash. My husband was about to break down in sadness when he saw so much 'ghass phusss' on the table.

'ghass phusss' = grass

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA...you made me laugh outloud again.

Everyday is laundry day round these parts.

By the way..thanks for that comment. I replied there for you. I hope youread it.

I am sorry. I don't want to lose the only Pakistani woman I have ever communicated with lol-I am getting there InshaAllah ;)

mao said...

whatttttttttt!!! I'm like the only Pakistani woman you've communicated with....we got to change that!

Dude, I went through nearly you're entire archive collection yesterday. Do I have a letter for you....will be Inshallah writing soon!

Myree said...

hahah! i like a lot of your other lists! just not your shopping one!

ps - i have a whole bag of onions :P

Unknown said...

I don't get bags of onions, cuz they start going bad. I just get 3-4 onions in my weekly grocery. I prefer to minimize onion usage bec of the hassle of cutting them :).
My hubby would have loved your dinner menu. He's such a herbivore and I can't digest food unless there's some meat or cheese!

mao said...

Yaar Summz you're just like my husband - Gosht Khor!!!!

Honey, how do you cook without making onions and tomatoes your base for the salan?

Fruitful Fusion said...

That first line of your post got me giggling!!! Looking forward to reading more of your blog! :D

Abdullah Tariq said...

That reminds me: I need to buy a toothbrush. :|

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I make just 2, max curry-based dishes in a week. For that 3-4 onions are enough!
Otherwise its baked goodie or smth pasta based. Plus we try and have loads of salad! So lesser salan. See I prefer veggies in raw or steamed form - the sabzi we make in salans kills off all the nutrients.

mao said...

@Summz: how do onions go bad in cold weather?

@Fruitful Fusion: Thanks! I love your crochet blog - you're amazingly talented.

@Ugly duckling: Hmmm...what did I say about brushes?

@Summz: Girl, you make a solid point. We, desis, boil the vitamins out of our food.....will think of making less cooked food in the future.