Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dil Deewana

I sometimes crave songs like the way I sometimes crave chocolates. Songs, music and singing used to be a part of my life that is not there so much now. My sister was a huge music buff and we would always have a lot of good stuff to listen to around the house. It used to be wonderful to click open the radio in my car and hear my favorite songs. Or to just walk in a store and get any music cd or cassette for my car back at home.

And of course my dorm. I didn't need to figure out what was the in music back then. It used to blast from at least one of the eight rooms in my wing. Sometimes walking back from class, we would just jump in and join a dancing/bhangra session. LOL.

Not so much anymore. I don't drive here. Nor am I smart enough to figure out how to upload things on my husband's ipod. So I don't listen to the ipod either. I don't even get a chance to put on the music on the laptop even when I'm cooking. I used to - but pata nahin why I haven't organized this music aspect in my life.

Anyways - I've been craving Fakhir's 'Deewana' for the past few days. I tried to remember the words (used to know all of them) but didn't get much through humming. Then I logged into youtube to hear it yesterday. I'm listening to it again.

So here are lyrics:
Dil, dil se keh raha,
Mera hee fasana
Jogi hoon tera
Yeh mera dil hai deewana!

Dil, dil se keh raha,
Mera hee fasna,
Kiyun bajj raha hai harr surr tera hee tarana
jogi hoon tera
yeh mera dil hai deewana!

Chorus:
Deewana!
Oh Deewana!
Dil Deewana! Tera Deewana!
Deewana!
!

Meri aankhon mein,
teray sapney hain,
meray sapnon mein,
teri ankhein hain,

zikr hai tera,
labon pey meray,
dard hai mera,
zikmey teray!

Samjoh meri jaan zakhmi ka faasana!

Dekho na meri jaana,
Mein kaisa deewana,
Taaney mujhe deta hai yeh saara zamaana
Jogi huun tera,
yeh mera dil hai deewana

Chorus


Meri yeh lamhe,
teri yaadon se,
Meri yeh saansein,
teray waadon se,
Chunn paye tu,
Hayat aaiyein,
Bhool jaaye tu,
zindagi jaaey,

Samjoh meri jaaan na zakhmee ka faasana!

Har pal teri ghurbat mein,
Jeewan hai betana,
Har gham teri rahon mein
Palkein hain bechana,

Jogi huun tera
yeh mera dil deewana

Chorus

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, I like this song, you just reminded me about it and also how my music range is SO limited now. I'm lazy to download new stuff (or just don't have time) and I don't even know new songs anymore.

I know how to upload songs in the iPod (its really easy you just need to have itunes installed apart from that its drag and drop) but I'm just plain lazy. I just got some new Keith Urban and Kelly Clarkson songs from a friend at work on my usb still didn't put them in my Ipod!

mao said...

Aur Kiya! Plain laziness here too....like I said it was so much simpler to get music through my sister - I would literally listen to whatever she listened to.....and of course the dorm.....emailing each other music....or through the usb...lol...yaad hai?