Friday, January 8, 2010

The Husband

I'm writing a post about my husband. I love him more than I ever knew it possible to love another human being. I love my friends, family and other people things too - not the same way that I love him. I've reached the point in our marriage where I am both very secured that I'm loved (didn't start out that way) and I am relatively secure that he knows the way I feel about him. Its funny how it takes time to develop this security. We still often ask each other "Do you love me?". Mostly, just to hear the answer and be happy.

I tell a lot of my single girlfriends. Love doesn't solve everything. The house still needs to be cleaned. Dishes need to be washed. Bills paid. There are so many fights. But there is so much love too in between those fights. Sometimes, when we fight its worse because we love each other so much that its torturous to get into an argument. It might sound cliched but I'm glad for this love of my life that I found in my husband. I don't know how I would get through a day if I didn't know I was coming home to someone I loved so much.

I haven't seen my babe in the past 24 hours - he was working the night. I can barely wait for the workday to end and me to go home to see him.

3 comments:

mystic-soul said...

Keep it that way!

As a man, let me tell you what works. As far as your husband believes that you consider him the most important person in his life...he will continue to love you, no matter what.

Mard ko bus yahi aehsas chahiye hota hai...

Unknown said...

So true! It's hard to believe you can have those feelings for some one until after you experience it yourself - Despite all the fights!! The funniest thing is they are all arnd housework. :)

mao said...

@mystic-soul: Thanks! I appreciate the 'manly' advice.

@Summz: They are ALL about the housework. Even though I've given up asking much from him but sometimes the tension of doing the housework will contribute to our fights......a lot of fights start on the notion "You didn't speak to me right!!!!" OR "You are so rude!!!". LOL. An hour long discussion will ensue on who's more ruder.