Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving/Eid Anticipation Fatigue

The anticipation of the long weekend is driving me to fatigue. For weeks and weeks, I've been looking forward to this weekend. I've done planning, replanning, revisions and divisions to my schedule - its finally done now....but now I'm anxious that everyone has a good time.

I'm anxious I have a good time.
I'm anxious that other people have a good time.
I'm anxious that we don't run out of food in the house.
I'm anxious we don't ruin the apple pie we are supposed to take over for dinner.
I'm anxious that we don't get tired.
I'm anxious that we don't miss Eid ki namaz.
I'm anxious that we I have enough gifts for the hosts of the parties we attend.
I'm anxious that my sister doesn't miss her flight.
I'm anxious about the 10 million phone calls I have to make every dreaded Eid to my 10 million relatives on 2 continents.
I'm anxious that my husband doesn't know how anxious I am and gets upset with my anxiousness.

arghhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm also anxious that they showed something negative about Muslims on 'The Good Wife' on CBS. It makes me sad because thats my all-time favorite show these days. :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! You were way more anxious for Eid then me!! :P But then we didn't do much except for the typical Eid dinner parties.
How did Eid go? Belated Eid Mubarak!