So, Omar and I were watching Monday Night Football - a tradition that started out as a pain but now I can mildly tolerate - okay, okay, I enjoy it quite a bit. In fact, I enjoy it so much that I will Inshallah have this season's Super Bowl Party at our place.Anyways, I digress. We are watching New Orleans battle it out with the New England Patriots - its an exciting game - and then the camera does a cutaway to the New Orleans' cheerleaders. Like most cheerleaders, they were wearing barely visible shorts and bra-tops. Or whatever you call that weird top. If its even a top. Its basically a bikini top in gold and black glitter - ugh!
Like most self-respecting women who cringe at this disgusting objectification of women - I turn around and say blah blah blah and blah. And eventually this is like NFL prostitution. I mean isn't it? When you have half-naked women or celebrities on Playboy, its in issue. So why is this any different? Why aren't people out there more outraged at these skanky outfits. These cheerleaders are paid by the tickets bought by fans. Don't people realize that? I really find it hard to believe that people in America approve of these pathetic, bare-naked, under-age looking girls prancing around on the side-lines.
Eventually, Omar tells me to put a sock in it. So I tell him, I have someplace where they don't tell me to put a sock in it and they don't talk back to me...AND THEY REALIZE HOW TERRIBLE THESE CHEERLEADERS ARE...and that is my blog...which is why I ended up here. Hmph.
Oh shoot - my moral outrage distracted me from a very exciting game and I missed the ending. Dang it.
3 comments:
OH I SAW THAT GAME! It was my hometown team playing-and they won!
I was really sad that my husband missed it. He LOVES football-which to me is funny(a Pakistani loving American football)and we love to watch it together. This reminded me of us.
Wow. Thats so amazing. It was a fantastic game. Too exciting. Unfortunately I was brooding over scantily dressed cheerleaders.
Yeah...sometimes I get upset about that too. I always look to see if he's looking lol
I wanted to follow you when I came here, but didn't see the follow button-just figured out I could do it the top of the page lol
I enjoy reading your blogs..
Post a Comment