Sooooooooo.
I'm going to run a bit. I might go out for coffee with this coffee drinking group i joined. They try out different cafes in the city, cool na?
Besides that i need to make a dinner and lunch meal plan and then execute it. This would be a good time to buy a shopping trolley for myself but they r like a hundred bucks and have no place to keep it. Let us see.
Need to call up an old friend of abu's who had some surgeries. Thhat said there is an uncle in lahore who is feeling really sick. I don't want to worry but i am. Must call him and his kids to get update.
So lots to do. I thought this was going to be a quiet weekend.
I told mh i am thinking of keeping some rozas next week. So need to think how to make it happen. Let's pray for some mega achievements in the food department. Ameen.
I wish we could completely stop eating out. It eats very much into our monthly budget and then we try to save by trying to buy cheap food. Frigging sick of this bloody approach.
I wish i didnt bother about halal meat. My old halal shop is miles away and i think if i try to bring meat home through bus or trains, its going to go bad. Everything is so stupid and expensive. I want groceries delivered at my door. And i can use my weekends to do something else. Wish i could get someone to cook for me to. And clean. Boy do i live in a fantasy world.
6 comments:
indeed this is a bit fantasy world :D
My recent post: http://lastbreath1990.blogspot.com/2010/07/love.html
Oh, man. A coffe drinkers club!? sounds amaaazing!! Would be fun :D
You do miss Pakistan a lot? Don't you? We take such luxuries so for granted here.
And I think I should go and kill myself. You being itna busy, do regularly update your blog and look at me! What do I do? I'm just out shopping all day for my cousins wedding. As in helping her with stuff.
Sigh. What a sust bandi I am.
@Lost soul - Nothing is a fantasy if you have the money, right?
You want halal meat delivered at your home? http://www.greenzabiha.com/
You want groceries shopped and dropped at your house? http://www.peapod.com/
You want your house cleaned and laundry done before you get home tonight? http://www.merrymaids.com/
Want a homecooked meal when you get home? http://ezchef.net/letseathome/
And you can do it all online. Don't even pick up the phone.
But its a fantasy for me right now because mh insists we save. So the maid, the grocer, and the cook is...yours truly.
:D
Awww I can SO relate to you on that fantasy of having domestic help for everything incl the groceries!!!
Cofee drinkers club sounds SO cool!!! How often do you guys go coffee tasting?
It must be hard carrying halal meat back on public trasnport? I make it a point to go with mh to get it - but thankfully we have a decent place very close to him (just opened recently).
@summz - the coffee club is kind of cool in the sense that they get together more often than most groups. And well the choices of cafes and themed coffee is endless in Chicago. We went to a place called 'Let them eat chocolate' last time, and the next 2 meetups are at the Art Institute and Millenium Park....
But I'll be fasting by then...so I wonder if I'll be up for going. These club meets every 10 days. Wish you and I would do that kind of stuff together - Chicago move ho jao na!
As for the halal meat, yes, I used to bring it myself...it would be a 15 min bus ride...now its longer, so mh is responsible for getting it now...which means I tell him to get one thing, and he goes and gets one-third of the amount I asked (according to him its fazool kharchi to over-buy!!!!) - headache for me when we run out of chicken in 3 days. :D
Post a Comment