While i waited for the bus today, i reflected how i have some new standards of respect for people now. I guess it just reflects my chaging prioriies or development of new pet peeves. Let's list a few and pls let me add some have always been there but have now been magnified:
1) people who ask other people when they are having babies. If you ask this of close friends its still crossing a delicate line- but if you are a coworker or a relative, you are definitely the biggest paindu that i know of. You should go and kill yourself for sure.
2) if you sit on facebook and post pics/news of the latest status car, gadget you have acquired- again really paindu behavior. Pls chulli bhar pani neon duub maro.
3) if you ask the other person what they paid for their property and not even as like a "if you don't mind me asking, i'm interested in buying in this area" type of way- i mean i don't know, its not nice, right? Do you really expect someone to answer??
4) people who talk about their work related stuff in front.of other people who are not related to their field. Not fun and i'm not putting up with this anymore.
5) me running out of pet peeved to list. I guess there is not much else i can't stand anymore.
:)
2 comments:
My pet peeves.
Do you work or are you "just" at home? (this is never asked by someone who stays at home to take care of kids)
People that talk about their kids ALL the time, I have kids but I have a life too. These are generally people that don't have much of a marriage (harsh I know, but its been my observation)
People that have a lot of money, have never left the country but go to Disneyland for vacation, INSANE!!!
There are a lot more but I will spare you...
@elizabeth - I agree....that is an annoying question and unfortunately its a sore point for us women too....I try to ask in a way like "so what do you do" or "so what keeps you busy?". Unfortunately, people have told me that they still find that pretty loaded. I try! But I kind of wish women wouldn't be afraid to say that I'm busy with my children etc. They don't say that, they just take offense, and something thats a great thing i.e. motherhood/wifehood - becomes something embarressing.
About the vacation comment - hilarious! Doesn't it drive one bonkers when people are 'educated', high-skilled workers, but so ignorant in their comments about other cultures and other countries. Yeah, travelling abroad could make a huge dent in their outlook.
Post a Comment