Monday, June 14, 2010

wotta a day...

hai such a nice day. at work. can you imagine? I have finally have caught up on sleep.

Let's talk about packing (before I start rambling on about the 150 shows I follow ... because I'm tempted)!

So, I'm packing. And I'll continue packing till Friday. Well thats the plan. What is it about planning? We plan, and the gods laugh? Something like that. In that case, my life must be comedy central for the gods because I must plans - and most of my plans are over-the-top-optimistic.

So, if I finish packing by Friday, I can force some self-moving. Mh is off between June 24th and June 30th to do the 'heavy' lifting shifting. Well, he and his army of hefty looking movers.

So, the nice thing I'm learning is - that we really don't have that much stuff! I think the kitchen dinnerware will be the most amount of stuff. Everything else is not so much.

We also now have our wardrobes side by side in one place - and a mystery of several years has been finally been resolved. Who has the most amount of clothes? Its mh!!!!! But you have to exclude my shadee joras, jahez ke outfits and such. Mh doesn't want to - but he must! Those clothes don't count because:

1) I can't wear them anywhere! I don't know many desi peeps and the ones I do know, don't doll up in shocking pink shalwar kameezes and golden heels during the weekeends.
2) I can't get rid of them - my mother is obsessed with them. She made them - and so many of them - against my will - and I am supposed to carry this white elephant trunk full of reshmi kaprey with me - house to house - for the rest of my life.
3) These are not everyday clothes - you can't wear them in the house or out - argh, they are so useless. :(So, henceforth, mh has like 3 times my wardrobe.

Mh has too many clothes. Unfortunately we can't give it away due to several reasons:
1) The clothing article in question has his high school insignia
2) It has his undergrad university's insignia
3) It has his postgrad university's insgnia
4) It was given my his mother
5) It was borrowed from his father years ago and never returned - so its technically not his to give away
6) It was given by my mother
7) It was given by my father
8) It was given my my sister (Half of his professional wardrobe is from Paksitan - if you can believe it)
9) Its an unusual color and there is no other color like that
10) No giving away of undershirts and such - because you ALWAYS can't have enough of those.

So between all of these restrictions - I was able to take a couple of things out. The rest stays :(.

Gladly, I am getting rid of a lot of stuff from my wardrobe. The one that is already so small. But I'm glad. I'm finally reaching the point where I know what I want. My shopping has a lot more strategy. I buy nice, expensive pieces every 4 months now. So my work wardrobe is looking good. Alhumdullilah.

Look at this chand ka mukhra - thats how I feel too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow you guys are moving? Congratss!! You'll love the extra closet space!

Whereee you moving? Have you guys bought a place?? Post sm pics when you get time!

mao said...

will let you know in 2 weeks. yes, plan to post pics.

by the way...we are not really getting more space. We are actually going to a smaller apartment.

hehe :(