Anyone who reads this blog knows how much I love tv. So naturally I do read with serious intent about all the new upcoming shows - especially comedies. I came across this one in Slates' article on the rise of desi people on American television. According to mh, and he's been saying this for a while, "desi (or Indian people on sitcoms) is the new Black." Like the new mandatory minority, networks want in their casts,
So I came across this new show just now about a call center in India ('Outsourced'). It sounds so lovingly insane. Have a look:
Another incentive to post this was to beat my good friend, Abdu, to the punch. Abdu, let us know if your call center works like this.
Haha!
2 comments:
You didn't just beat me to the 'outsourced' show, you also beat me to the slate magazine article. But that's okay, I'm too busy with the world cup to update my blog.
And to answer your question. If only call-centers were this much fun, nobody would ever want to leave. To give people an idea of what it is like to work at one, I tell them, call-centers are nothing more than air-conditioned sweat-shops.
@Abdu - thats too bad! I had a couple of people I knew who did the call center job. They did love the money.
Post a Comment