Thursday, June 17, 2010

Anniversary Dinner

We went out on a Wednesday night to downtown Chicago. We left around 8pm and had looked up a couple of restaurants that closed at 1 am. There were 3 things that were extremely romantic:

1) Really few cars on the streets - not stuck in traffic jams.
2) Lots of available parking.
3) A restaurant that closed late!

In case you are wondering - the last part is really important. As a newcomer to Chicago, I used to be baffled with everything snapping shut but 9 or 10 pm. It was such a disaster if you wanted to eat out but were left with some really bad fast food choices.

Over the years, I've researched a few places that close late or are all-night diners. Also, I hardly plan to go out late too, so that helps.

We left late today because we wanted to get rid of the traffic, mh comes home by 7pm anyways, and we were'nt in the mood to rush anything.

So it was a nice relaxing evening. We ended up picking downtown's Reza's. I was really charmed. That place is huge, with lots of character. Brick paved floors, high wooden beams, wooden door frames, with many windows. It was comfy and warm. There was this huge, copper shaded brewmeister sitting in the middle of the restaurant, enclosed in a glassed room. Very interesting.

It was a night of indecisions. First we sat in, then on one side of the room, then another. Then Mh convinced me to move outside. The weather was good. Mh took some time to decide what he wanted but I already knew I wanted wish. I just wish I had the bass instead of the While lake fish. I could go on and on to explain you the great food we had...but I'm going to stop. I'm sure you would want to visit Reza's yourself. You should! Its a great place for a date night and affordable for a group party.

In case you were wondering - they serve persian, middle-eastern cusine.

No comments: