Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend Cold

I started getting sick on Friday afternoon. First, the throat started getting scratchy, my eyes started getting heavy and felt cold. The throat scratchiness peaked on Saturday, but Omar and I went out because I was in no position to cook or make breakfast. Omar only had one day off this week so I didn't want him to do much on his one day off. We had breakfast at Nookies,
where I had a great bean patty with 2 poached eggs. It was really nice. Later we went over at our friends' place and hung out for a few hours.

Most of the time was spent petting their very active puppies, called Riley and Mckinsey. Even though I've had pet dogs all my life, Riley and Mckinsey were the first ones I let lick my face. They should feel honored :).

I went to bed relatively early so I could get over the cold. I did feel better in the morning but not good enough to go out and get groceries. I didn't cook any meals for the week (that spells impending doom for this week). Anyways, I spent the afternoon sleeping and then the evening watching TV. I kind of feel worse now....and I'm running out of tissues. I pretty much look like the picture above :).

Weekend sickness sucks! I wanted to go shopping. :(

2 comments:

Myree said...

are u better now?

i find i cant eat anything, let alone a heavy yummy breakfast, when i have a cold...kudos to you for that! xx

mao said...

Haven't you heard of "feed the cold, starve the fever." That's how I was raised - eat, drink fluids and rest when you have a cold.