This post was inspired by a blog posting by a Blog writer that I follow. If you have a look at the post, you'll understand mine.We all need our fantasy distraction in life. 7-8 years ago, my grandmother was hooked on Indian soaps (Saas bhee kabhi bahu types). You couldn't shake her off them even if there was an earthquake. I used to get updates every other day when I visited; "So Nani Ama, what happened to Parvati now?" Nani Ama: "Arey beta, kiya bataon....bechari ke saath kiya kiya nahin hua...". [Translation: Oh Child, tragedy after tragedy for that poor girl!]
I used to laugh back then and thought I would never resort to mindless crap like that. I was so wrong. Today, I faithfully follow the Real Housewives series (http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta) - one of the trashiest (but most entertaining) of reality series on American National television.
They're rich. They're spoiled. They are petty, mean, funny, clueless, selfish, vain and utterly irresistible. They make me look like a saint. They're grown up high-schoolers. They remind you of all-girl schools (ok I'm lying - even all girls' schools were SO not like this - plus for the record, I utterly believe in all girls' schools as the best!).
Their worst heartbreaks in life are not to get invited to a party. They spend 12,000 dollars a month on wigs (for the same texture as their real ones). A few more months and their kids could go for year's tution in college. They get engaged to married men. They claim they don't live in luxury because their house doesn't have an elevator (but it does have a bowling alley). They fight for 7 figure divorce settlements. Ok, I could never stop, which means I have to stop, NOW.
I, too, admit - am a "Real Housewives" *GULP* Junkie.
I used to laugh back then and thought I would never resort to mindless crap like that. I was so wrong. Today, I faithfully follow the Real Housewives series (http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta) - one of the trashiest (but most entertaining) of reality series on American National television.
They're rich. They're spoiled. They are petty, mean, funny, clueless, selfish, vain and utterly irresistible. They make me look like a saint. They're grown up high-schoolers. They remind you of all-girl schools (ok I'm lying - even all girls' schools were SO not like this - plus for the record, I utterly believe in all girls' schools as the best!).
Their worst heartbreaks in life are not to get invited to a party. They spend 12,000 dollars a month on wigs (for the same texture as their real ones). A few more months and their kids could go for year's tution in college. They get engaged to married men. They claim they don't live in luxury because their house doesn't have an elevator (but it does have a bowling alley). They fight for 7 figure divorce settlements. Ok, I could never stop, which means I have to stop, NOW.
I, too, admit - am a "Real Housewives" *GULP* Junkie.
No comments:
Post a Comment