Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Still Recovering...Ramadan Mubarik

I feel like I'm still recovering from July 19. I had another interview that week, and then another impromptu meeting the following Tuesday.

Yes - I'm exhausted. I hope I can rest a bit in Ramazan. Happy Ramazan to everyone.

I was on facebook for a little bit today. I hate facebook with a vengence. While Twitter is all about the now and the latest, the future and the possiblities...Facebook is a place we all go to see how everyone has progressed - both financially and personally. I truly hate it.

You find people you used to be close to and are no longer close to. There are some people you would rather not even friend - and its weird because there were a big part of your life once upon a time. I left today feeling extremely sad...like I usually do.

I sent a message out today to a friend who completely cleared off his profile. I'm envious of him. I wish I could do the same. I feel I can neither completely be myself, not can I completely utterly get out of touch. I already feel so alone as it is....even though this summer is the LEAST loneliest I've ever felt my entire life. In other words....I've come to accept myself of who I am and where I am in my life. If I think too hard about it...yes, it does get me down....being so utterly out of touch with friends and family....but what can I do? I've been handed my lot in life, and I just have to swim hard as I can so I can keep my head above water.

Yesterday, I opened my fast for the first time...feeling a lot better than I have in the last few years. I was completely alone. I'll never forget that moment...I had one and a half dates...and I was happy. For once, I think I've got the hang of being alone.

:)

4 comments:

Abdullah Tariq said...

You're awesome. Who were those dates? Wink.

I hope you feel better soon! Jab tak I'm around, you're never alone. ^-^

Abdullah Tariq said...

You're awesome. Who were those dates? Wink.

I hope you feel better soon! Jab tak I'm around, you're never alone. ^-^

Thinking said...

hmm....You are OK...don't worry....

Though for Muslims...Ramadan is a holy month...butI believe that it brings with it so much relaxation and time to think over ourself that almost makes us SAD....

So...may be its your finding a job and iftar alone makes you sad...

But be brave girl...you are not alone...so be happy....

Every thing will be all right....in few days...Inshallah....hmm....

mao said...

Dear uglyduckling and Thinking,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm good now.

Yeah, doing so much can take a toll on someone...but this is what adulthood is like, right? :) Time to grow up!

PS. Those dates were some sexy Saudi dates ;) ...really brown and chewy! Yum!