Thanks guys for the very heartfelt comments from the last post. You guys are so sweet.
This is what my husband said after reading the post:
"I read your post today...stop being so fake sad."
:p
Whatever!
He's right that was a post-facebook sad post...just some normal melancholy that can hit you from time to time. Life is good. Mashallah!
And what about these fasts....so challenging! Wow...its amazing how God is helping us get through this so well.
I had such a busy week. A presentation I assisted with was a perfect 10 this week. It was at a very amazing conference - and for our speaker to do so well, well it was the highlight of the week. My boss asked me what I thought about the field we work in today...after two years....and I agreed with him...I feel my knowledge has expanded into areas that I didn't even know that existed. He said that two years ago when I was new that I would learn a whole lot in two years about the industry. In case you are wondering - this is the food industry. Ingredients, supply chains, manufacturing processes, international regulatory laws, foodservice dietetics....frankly its kinda exciting! I love being an insider in this world.
But I digress! This is a post inspired by Prep and Ivy league Schools....holy shebang! Please don't watch these if you feeling queasy to begin with!
This one is from a Prep School called Phillips Andover...I read about this video on Gawker.com:
With videos like these floating around, people have the nerve called Rebecca Black dumb. Please! She was a million times more enjoyable. And 8 Minutes!!!!!!!! Are they feeling suicidal????!!!!! I have to admit I'm the schmuck who made it up till 3:57 mins *Throwing up*
A commentator put a link to this Yale recruitment video. Take a look:
Oh my God, please hand me a gun so I can shoot my eyes out! It's like watching a train crash and not being able to look away. Somebody needs to jump in and do crisis communication for Yale and Andover to save their reputations!!!!!!!!! Thankfully I only saw 40 seconds of this one but I felt my lunch coming up so I sped through it.
PS: Bet watching this video extinguished any desire or dream you had on attending this *prestigious* school. Hahahaha! **I need to send this my cousin who is a Yale grad...but I want to be there to see her face when she sees it...nahh I'll wait till I see her! :D
If anyone has to blame the trend of non-singers self-recording songs and music videos, its the stupid Real Housewives franchise that I'm so addicted to. I mean after Kim Zolciak's "Tardy for the Party" - which isn't so bad actually - several of the non-melodious housewives (*ehem* "Countless" Luanne!!!) have jumped feet first to torture and molest our auditory senses. In case, you are still sheltered from these videos, I bring you some crazy to your unblemished life:
Money Can't Buy You Class (but it can buy you auto-tune):
Chic, Cest La Vi (or a song with no tune):
Just to put in perspective how bad this is for American culture and auditory senses, these self-made 'pop singers' were recently made headlines on CNN. Take a look:
So, you know who is going to hell? Bravo and Auto-tune. Why, Andy Cohen, whyyyyyy? No Mazels for you :p
Kim, I never thought I would ever say this, but thank you for never making a video. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment