I just deleted around 50 people or more from my Facebook. Yes, it was a bit difficult, but it annoys me to no end that I have people seeing my personal photos who have nothing to do with my life, and who don't want to have any kind of relationship with me. Enough! I stopped using the excuse "I might want to contact them one day..." To hell with that. I don't need anyone's help. I really don't. It is what it is. I never enjoyed fake friendships. I've always valued acquaintances - and that's what my LinkedIn is there for.
There are still quite a few people on my Facebook that I want to remove and have not. I would even like to remove people I was close to in college, or lived with in our dorms. There is a simple reason. I always get so surprised when someone starts posting pics of their one or two year old baby. At that time, I agonize if I should say something. "Congratulations...didn't know you had a baby....that is yours, right?" And when they get married....hmmmmm....you know even when you live in the same city...and consider them 'close' enough, you get no notice. What am I suppose to say..."Congrats...I saw from your FB that you got hitched." Argh, the awkwardness. Anyone wants to give out Facebook etiquette classes? I would sign up.
On one hand it's always a surprise when someone writes back - or writes out of the blue. You feel so cared for! But in order for that to happen, you need to invest time....and I feel I have no time to go on FB. I have other places to waste time, such as YouTube and Blogs. Hehehe!
MH and I are going to have an iftari potluck at our place in a few weeks. I'm so excited. It will be a party full of acquaintances and fake friends but I guess we have to start from somewhere. We don't socialize with people, and this is our grand punishment in a way (hardy har har).
Meanwhile, happy fasting!
No comments:
Post a Comment