Wednesday, August 4, 2010

princess shifts

Mh works in a field where you have odd, late and strange hours for work. He often works on the weekends too.

So, strangely he somtimes gets what is nicknamed in his field as the "princess shift". You come in for 4 or 5 hours and then you are off for the day.

Mh first found about this weird shift, and even weirder name for the shift, a few weeks ago. He wasn't happy about the name. He tried to rally eveyone around calling it "bunny shift" - you know, because you are a hop, skip and a jump away from getting the day done. Nobody bit that bait. In fact, they told him to shut up because he was the princess that day.

I imagine that scene a lot in my mind. A gang of older boys picking on a little one: "you're a princess!! You're a princess!!! Na na boo boo!"

Its because they've all been harrassed/teased like that. Plus who would'nt hate the guts of a person who was getting to go home after 4 hours?

As for me? I'm glad the princess of the day is my janoo. He's still so sick from last week. I hope he got his rest.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww the name princess shift is too funny!!! :P

Hope your mh feels better soon IA

mao said...

@summz - hain, na na ? that's what I think too!!! I think he's getting better slowwwwllllyyy..started his meds late.

Unknown said...

I'm now thinking its a boys thing. My mh does the same - delay treatment until he feels really bad, and then it takes longer.