Tuesday, May 11, 2010

13.1 and 1200

Boy, do I miss blogging.

argh.

So.

I went to the orientation thing on Saturday. The one for the half marathon. Everything was great until we started talking about fundraising. It feels simply impossible to raise 1200 dollars - especially by July 16. I'm freaking out.

there was a joke that...oh 13 miles...I could walk 13 miles no problem...but 1200 dollars....????

I keep making lists of people I could beg money from and then thinking that how I should approach this. I'm trying to see if I should do fundraiser lunches/parties...but it all sounds DEAD exhausting.

The easiest thing would be to drop out of this whole thing. right? I should, na? Matlab.......I don't know.......wouldn't I look like a loser if I raised 700 bucks but then ran out of friends?

I wish I had started asking in March when I signed up. But life just goes by you and doesn't leave a second for you to breathe.

Should I back out? Why do I feel like this was my only year to run? I feel if I back out I'll be too scared to sign up again.

God.

Why can't I do just one thing for myslef?

Well.

There are so many expenses coming up...I could just focus on spending my energies there.

I have to take a trip to new york and its like costing me and arm and a leg. 400 dollars in travelling...and now I'm going to have to be in a hotel......this is not how I envisoned this trip!!!! This sucks! SUCKS.

On the brighter side, one of my jigri dost just got a job in london/uk........a nice paying one. The significance to this is that he had been trying hard to secure something like this for a while...and finally...he's made it....I'm very happy for him. Mashallah....its and interesting story as to why he wants to work in UK etc...but I'll save it for the time when his reasons become public. hehhehe mystery on mere dost!!!!

No comments: