Friday, October 8, 2010

Running into Rahm

On Monday, I was skimming my daily paper, reading about the jewish vote for Obama's ex chief-of-staff's, and Chicago mayor hopeful, Rahm Emmanuel. I admit to knowing not much about Rahm - except that he looks kind of sharp, dangerous, and ruthless on tv.

He has absolutely reminded me of the Gould on 'The Good Wife'. Gould is Florrick's campaign manager for the fictional electoral race of Chicago's state attorney. Gould is nasty- but you're relieved your beloved starring characters can preserve their ethics by letting immoral Gould handle the baddies on the other side.

Rahm Emmanuel reminds me of such a character. What I had heard and read about this Chicago good old homeboy- is that the man curses flagrantly- think of 50 sailors rolled in one. Doesn't this superbly contrast with Obama's pristine, demi-god like image? In other words, is Gould's character a wonderful play of art imitating life? Or is this just a bunch of baloney scribbling while I wait for the STUPID METRA!!!!!!!!

Ok. Not the direction I wanted to go.

Ok. So. As I skimmed the chicago tribune's story on R. Emmanuel, I was greeted by Rahm Emmanuel at the top of the escalator staircase of the cta station near my house. Now this is 7:30am, when most normal Chicagoans are stumbling across transit systems across the metropolis- straining their eyes, noses, and wallets for their first cup of coffee. Then you have this punk pumped up on 5 expressos since 4 in the morning. With his huge, slimy smile. Argh. You cringe as he greets you, pulls out yor hand for a shake- and you wonder- who is this evil person who so disturbs my caffeine withdrawal induced morning slumbering?????!!!!! Bhei, its Rahm bhayya yaarrrr! He wants to shake your hand and hear your thoughts on how to fix Chicago. The he wants to smile in the cameras with his big, toothy smile, while you rub your eyes.

So that's what happened to me. I bumped into Rahm Emmanuel's 'listening tour' in chicago where he set out to meet the common people of chicago. If guppies living in the loop area can be considered common.

Ok, I know I grumble. Our politicians back home should also do stuff like this even if its just a PR campaign. It does generate some buzz. Look at me. I just wrote 3 pages about how annoying it was to bump into the man while going to work. lol.

ps. this pic was taken by me. I took his permission. I hope he appreciates that I blogged, tweeted, and facebooked this pic. You're welcome Emmanuel.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.2

No comments: