Went last night out to see 'Its Complicated'. I love all 3 equally - as in Steve Martin, Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin. I think Alec Baldwin looked really good 20 years ago and I still think his personality is really cool.So, the premise was that old people fall in love in this movie. No, not really it was love with your ex. Regardless here are a few things I noticed:
1) Old people are okay.
2) These guys were shown to look much more worse than 50 year old normally look.
3) There were some really funny bits to the movie.
4) The ending was weak
5) The kids in the movie were idiots
6) The guy from the office was really good...made me smile...he seemed to embarrassed to BE in the movie....makes me smile even more..
However the funniest laughs were at the end of the evening when I was getting dropped home. One of the girls that I went out with had a brother who is about to get married. His fiance is in the same school as he is. Turned out there was an MSA dinner the next night at his school and he was going. So I jokingly asked, "Is he going to see his honay wali (betrothed) there?"
The sister driving started going in spasms.
We asked what was wrong with her?
She replied "I thought you were about to say is he going to see his 'ho!"
Me: But I did'nt say that!
She: I know but it sounded like you were going to.
Me: (offended) No, I wasn't! Thats not in my vocabulary. (Thats true, we have nice urdu words for girls like that...'ho is too gora for me).
PS. Did I mention this sister wears a hijab by the way? Talk about being judgemental....lol. I wasn't offended by the way!
We did spend the next 10 minutes in stitches - LOL. Definitely the highlight of the week. Besides the daal gosht I made for the week.
Americanized Desi Girls. They're Crrraaaaazzzzzzyyyyyy (hint to some of my friends who read) :).
2 comments:
I laughed really hard...
"we have nice urdu words for girls like that...'ho is too gora for me...
lol
@mystic - I don't how this girl imagined I was going to say something like that about her brother's fiance!
Post a Comment