We've started to think and plan the next stage of our life very actively. Our plan is to move away from Chicago in 2013. Mh's work, the city's taxes and many other factors have convinced us to move to a smaller city, like say, Indianapolis. That's not really a small city, but it sure is smaller than what Chicago is.Life is exciting in Chicago, but we can barely enjoy anything because its an expensive city. Job growth is harder. Employer expectations are also higher. Life isn't family oriented here - its career and work oriented. I don't want to live like this forever.
Don't get me wrong, I've had to do a lot of work to come to terms with this decision. I love Chicago and I hate change. I don't like the suburbs or small towns at all. But I have a hope that we will be able to actually "live" our lives, instead of perpetually living it in traffic jams and transit stations.
One of the things that really gives me excitement about living in Indiana is the prospect of keeping Alpacas in my backyard. We've lived in apartments and condos for the last 4 years, and there were so many times I craved for a loving pet. I researched turtles as pets, only to discover that they sleep in winters. Who wants a sleeping pet? I don't like fish or birds, because I want to hold my pet.
Granted, Alpacas are not generally cuddly animals (See Wikipedia article), but they are so cute!
Alpacas are reared in United States for their fine fur, that end up making fine, expensive sweaters and scarves. I would keep my Alpacas for their cute faces but I would also sell their wool.

How can anyone resist this face? They're so CUTE!
1 comment:
WHERE ARE YOOU? T_____T
Post a Comment